Get to Know Anne Faber | April 2023 Employee of the Month

anne faber

Do you have positive interactions with TXST websites? Is there a particular content type you enjoy? If so, you can thank Anne Faber, Programmer Analyst II for Mobile/Web Systems. Anne serves as a developer for GATO (the university’s web management system) and makes sure user-experience and accessibility standards are prioritized.

Whether you’re simply a website user or a website editor for your department, Anne’s commitment to excellence plays a large role in making sure all TXST websites are accessible, user-friendly, and engaging.

Check out our Q&A below to learn more about the April 2023 Employee of the Month, Anne Faber!

Q: What do you enjoy the most about your position/role?

A: “I’m part of a great team of incredibly smart people. I enjoy solving problems with them and I learn new things from them all the time!”

Q: What workplace accomplishment or achievement are you most proud of?

A: “My team has built many important applications, but if I had to pick one project it would be the GATO Filterable Search template. We partnered with the Office of University Marketing and came up with a great design that has gotten a lot of positive feedback.”

Q: What’s one thing you wish everyone knew about being a Bobcat employee?

A: “Even if you don’t regularly interact with students, you should still know where the important buildings are. Because someday, someone is going to ask you for directions to the Financial Aid Office or the LBJ Student Center.”

Q: What are your favorite hobbies outside of the workplace?

A:  “I like to read, especially historical fiction. I enjoy gardening and I have a small native plant garden. Fitness is also important to me and I try to exercise every day.”

Q: Where’s your favorite place(s) in-town to grab lunch?

A: “Torchy’s Tacos is my favorite lunch place but I also like Pie Society and Grins.”

Do you know an employee or team that deserves to be recognized and awarded for their hard work? Nominate them today!

Contact the HR Awards Team if you have any questions.